2018 Live Burn Event!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND the 2018 Burn Event?
Insurance claims professionals (Agents, Adjusters, managers and Subrogation units), Property and Community Association Managers.
From the first notice of a fire loss to the conclusion of the scene investigation, this program addresses insurance adjustment & subrogation issues, legal considerations, cause and origin investigation of a fire loss and much more. A topic loaded classroom program in the morning will move to a live fire burn of two pods. Applying the insurance, legal and investigation issues to a live fire.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE PROGRAM
- Insurance and investigation team approach for a successful exam.
- Roles and duties of everyone involved
- The fine line between mitigation of damages and spoliation.
- Securing the scene and preservation issues.
- Avoiding spoliation, bad faith claims and potential sanctions from the fire loss.
- Legal issues involving the insured, injuries from the fire, renters and impacted third parties.
- Control and eventual release of the scene.
- Identifying all potential subrogation targets (known and unknown).
- Product liability subrogation fire trends.
- Proper and NFPA compliant notice to parties and others impacted by the loss / protocols.
- Proper Damage Documentation (adjuster tips for avoiding later deposition challenges).
- Legal liability – theories of recovery in negligence, contract and product liability.
- Fire scene safety issues as to adjusters, investigators and all involved.
- Initial and joint scene examinations of the scene (do’s and dont’s).
- NFPA 921 / Identifying origin, cause, fire spread and responsibility for the fire.
- Interactions with government officials and fire departments.
After we learn…..it is time to burn!
- Live burn of Pod 1
- Live burn of Pod 2
- Fire Patterns
- Remaining Evidence
- Evidence Preservation
For more information, contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-863-9650