Emergency Board-up and Roof Tarps- Columbus, Ohio
Storms can cause a lot of damage in a very short amount of time. Roofs can easily be damaged by heavy storms, winds, tree branches, fires caused by lightning strikes hail and improper installation. If any of these unfortunate events create the need for a temporary solution, a roof tarp is a great option and is often the only option until the damage can be fully assessed. Also, keep in mind that water damage can occur inside the home or business during the event.
Purpose of Tarping or Boarding-up a Roof:
- Cover and protect any damaged area of your roof.
- Keep rodents and other unwanted guests from entering your home or business.
- Protect your roof from further damage from heavy storms or winds.
- Prevent further damage while waiting for a roofer or the insurance adjuster.
However, and as duly noted roof tarps and board-ups are ONLY a temporary solution. Roof tarps and/or board-ups ARE NOT recommended as a permanent fix to a damaged roof. Tarps will have a shorter lifespan than that of a board-up and should be remedied as quickly as possible with a permanent solution. Board-ups, on the other hand, can last longer but are still considered temporary in nature.
Risk Associated with Long-term Use of Temporary Roofing:
- Mold growth can begin to occur due to the fact that temporary roofing methods are not 100% waterproof – think of them as water RESISTANT instead.
- Tarps, in particular, are particularly prone to coming loose as winds persist or recur.
- Due to the lack of being waterproof or insulated, heat loss is promised which compromises the warmth of the home. Higher electric bills can occur.
- Purely speculative but it has occurred in our experience: The tarp isn’t appealing to the eye. This may cause your neighbors to complain about time.
- If not installed or installed for a lengthy period of time, tarps can accumulate pools of water. When this occurs, tarps are prone to rupture and cause much more damage
Emergency Services Provided by ResQ 24 by Thompson Building Associates
Fire damage not only can destroy part of your home or business – it can leave it open to the elements, as well as intruders. Our ResQ24 Emergency Service crews are experienced at securing your property to keep the weather – and curious neighbors – out.
Complete Pack Out
Our “Clean Team” is ready to move your contents and personal belongings from your home or business both to protect them from further damage and professionally clean, dry and store them while reconstruction takes place.
Following a water loss in your home or business, it is important to remove as much water as possible, as quickly as possible. Our ResQ24 Emergency Service crews use water extraction techniques that exceed industry standards. In most cases, we can extract water from carpet and pad to facilitate the most efficient structural drying and dehumidification possible.
Proper, timely structural drying is the key to getting your home or business back the way you want it after a flood and avoiding more problems! From structural framing to specialty flooring and everything in between – our ResQ24 Emergency Service crews know how to dry it! And they monitor drying equipment and progress daily to keep you up-to-date.
Temporary fencing is often used to assist in keeping “unwanted visitors” away from your fire damaged property. Utility services are also often disconnected as the result of major fire or water damage and temporary services like electric, plumbing, and heating not only make it easier for you to assess the extent of the damage but protect the property from further damage and make it easier for our crews to begin the restoration process and return your property to pre-loss condition.
Follow us on Facebook!