Benefits of Humidification
Humidifiers gently disperse moisture into your home environment, alleviating dry air and making your home more comfortable throughout the year. In arid regions or during the dry winter months, dry indoor air can be detrimental to your home and to your family’s well-being:
What Humidifiers Do and Why This Is Important
- Add moisture in dry months and maintain a healthy level of humidity throughout the year.
- Relieve scratchy throat and hay fever symptoms: moisture helps relieve dry skin and eyes, coughs, and scratchy throats, helping you breathe better and sleep more comfortably.
- Reduce static electricity: beneficial to people, computers, and other home electronics.
- Maintain your home’s interior: consistent moisture level protects wood floors, plant life and even furniture, musical instruments, paint, and wallpaper.
- Increase freshness: adding humidity can increase the freshness in your home, alleviating stale “indoor air.”
- Lower energy bills: moist air feels warmer than dry air, so you can set your thermostat lower while still feeling warm and comfortable.
Types of Products
Additional features: Look for these added features on your Holmes® humidifier.
– a humidity thermostat measures the moisture in the air and automatically disperses moisture to achieve the setting you select.
Contains an Antimicrobial Product Protection Additive
– This information is based upon standard laboratory tests and is provided for comparative purposes to substantiate antimicrobial activity for nonpublic health applications. The antimicrobial additive is not designed to protect users from disease-causing microorganisms. Antimicrobial additive inhibits the growth of microorganisms that cause stains and odors. Antimicrobial action limited to the product surface.
Filter Change Reminder
– an indicator light takes the guesswork out of filter replacement and ensures optimal air quality over time.
Holmes® Filters with CarbonX
– these filters include odor-absorbing carbon that helps remove household odors as they disperse moisture into the air.
Arm and Hammer®
– Select filters are treated with Arm & Hammer®*(6) baking soda to help absorb and eliminate household odors. (US only)