Be Careful What You Pour Down Your DrainIf there is one plumbing disaster that is likely to spoil your winter holiday it will be a problem with your drainage, and one thing that will almost guarantee that your drain will not be functioning properly will be something that you poured down it.
- Do not be tempted to pour liquid fats or even cooking oil down the drain as they are very likely to solidify and cause a blockage.
Use Your Garbage Disposal ProperlyYour garbage disposal is a very useful tool, provided you use it properly.
- DO NOT put items down it which the unit will find difficult to grind. This includes things like the skin from poultry and peels from various fruits, vegetables, egg shells, coffee grounds, cheese, bread, and rice. Anything that cannot be properly ground has the potential to cause a blockage.
- Be sure to run water while using the disposal.
Plumbing Tips for the ToiletThe toilet is a pain to have to plunge, especially when you have a house full of guests. To avoid the stress of overflowing-
- Never flush anything down a toilet that is not meant to be flushed. This includes feminine products, facial tissues, and cotton items.
- Keep a plunger handy or a drain auger, better known as a “snake”, to handle clogged toilets. Make sure these tools are in an obvious place for guests to use to save them the embarrassment of having to ask.
We appreciate you taking the time to be a part of Holiday Bingo. The feedback that you provide to us, helps us to learn about you, your business, and how we can better serve you and assist you with CLIENT RETENTION and RISK MANAGEMENT.