ResQ 24 by Thompson Building Associates
ResQ 24 professionals know that stress levels increase after any home disaster. For that reason, we have put together some important insurance claim tips, to help keep those stress levels down if the unthinkable does happen.
If you're standing ankle-deep in a flooded basement, take a deep breath and remember that ResQ 24 is here to help. The first two calls to make after finding out you have a problem are with your insurance agency and to ResQ 24. It is important to begin the restoration process as soon as possible to help minimize the damage.
After you've made those calls, there are a few more steps to get your water damage insurance claim started.
- Review your homeowners or renters insurance policy. Your insurance company or agent can provide a copy if the original is missing or damaged. The declarations page has important information regarding your policy's water damage coverage, deductibles, limitations or exclusions.
- Take photos and/or video of the damage before any cleanup or restoration begins. If you forget, don’t worry. Upon our arrival, our team will complete a thorough documentation of all damages.
- If you remove items from the water damaged area, don't throw anything away until your claims adjuster has done an inspection.
- The ResQ 24 Team can quickly perform complete water extraction and drying, pack-out services, and full mold remediation as needed. We will also work directly with your insurance company to help eliminate confusion and stress for you.
- Keep detailed records or a log of each person you speak with at the insurance company. This log should include the date and time of the call, the representative's name and a brief description of your conversation. Keep a copy of every written communication with the insurance company, including a file for digital communication like emails.
Water emergencies are an inconvenient nuisance, but our prompt team of professionals will thoroughly document your loss, with photos taken before work begins, during the cleanup and restoration process, and after our work is completed. We will also include sketches and drying logs as part of our water damage clean-up process. The ResQ 24 team will work hard to ensure a hassle-free experience for you from start to finish.