Commercial Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration
The devastating effects of fire can damage or destroy any type of commercial facility – such as banks, schools, offices, hospitals and more.
Our team knows the effects that fire and smoke damage can present. Thanks to over 40-years of experience, a highly trained team, and specialized, state-of-of-the-art equipment and the latest restoration techniques, we can help you to get your home or business back in operation, as quickly as possible. We understand the urgency involved when it comes to protecting your investment, and we’re here to help you minimize damage to your home, business or facility.
Working through Fire and Smoke Damage
Smoke can cause more damage to a building than is visible to the naked eye. A facility impacted by even a small fire will need to be thoroughly checked and cleaned before re-use. Our team uses cutting-edge equipment and the latest techniques to clean and restore items like carpets, walls, ceilings, electronics and woodwork from damage caused by smoke. We can also decontaminate your HVAC system and ductwork to remove allergens, soot, and mold.
Thompson Building Associates is fully certified and qualified to provide both interior and exterior reconstruction services. We can take care of emergency repairs, controlled demolition, and our emergency response service is available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. We will also work closely with your insurance company or risk management team to ensure the smoothest restoration process possible.
How the Restoration Process Works
We understand that each business disaster is unique and presents different needs and requirements. We also know how urgent it is for your buisiness to return to operations. To mitigate fire and smoke damage as much as possible and minimize the interruption to your business, the following steps when be used when applicable:
- Secure the facility.
- Ventilate the premises to draw out dust and soot from the air.
- Removal of any contents, separating salvageable and unsalvageable items in the process. Salvageable items are moved to a secure location for restoration and storage until the reconstruction process is complete.
- Cleaning the facility, including ceilings, walls, floors and any permanent fixtures to prevent further damage from the acidic effects of soot.
- Clean carpets and upholstery, if possible, to completely neutralize any acid contained in soot and minimize further damage.
- Using specialized equipment, deodorize the facility. We’ll also clean and sanitize any salvageable items. We can also decontaminate ductwork and HVAC system.
Utilizing document recovery techniques, we have the capability to restore and recover vital business documents, furniture, clothing, art pieces, fixtures and electronic equipment. We also specialize in cleaning and restoring any salvageable items. We do this by cleaning and deodorization using a range of ultra-sonic, wet and dry-cleaning techniques as well as freeze drying.
We want to help. Get in touch.
If you have an emergency or need an estimate, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!