As the holiday season is now on us, the last thing we need interrupting our fun is a water damage emergency. They can be embarrassing, ruin holiday parties and force out of town guests to go elsewhere. Follow these simple holiday tips will aid in preventing water damage and keep things “flowing.”
Be Careful What You Pour Down Your Drain
If there is one plumbing disaster that is likely to spoil your winter holiday it will be a problem with your drainage, and one thing that will almost guarantee that your drain will not be functioning properly will be something that you poured down it.
- Do not be tempted to pour liquid fats or even cooking oil down the drain as they are very likely to solidify and cause a blockage.
Use Your Garbage Disposal Properly
Your garbage disposal is a very useful tool, provided you use it properly.
- DO NOT put items down it which the unit will find difficult to grind. This includes things like the skin from poultry and peels from various fruits, vegetables, egg shells, coffee grounds, cheese, bread, and rice. Anything that cannot be properly ground has the potential to cause a blockage.
- Be sure to run water while using the disposal.
Plumbing Tips for the Toilet
The toilet is a pain to have to plunge, especially when you have a house full of guests. To avoid the stress of overflowing-
- Never flush anything down a toilet that is not meant to be flushed. This includes feminine products, facial tissues, and cotton items.
- Keep a plunger handy or a drain auger, better known as a “snake”, to handle clogged toilets. Make sure these tools are in an obvious place for guests to use to save them the embarrassment of having to ask.
Water damage, mold, or smoke and fire damage can put a damper on holiday festivities. A few simple tips for preventing them can make things much less stressful. Fortunately, ResQ 24 responds to emergency calls any time of day or night, 365 days a year. Our compassionate staff and skilled technicians understand just how important it is for your home to be restored to its pre-loss condition as soon as possible, especially during the holiday season.
If you need assistance, please call ResQ 24 by Thompson Building Associates at 614-863-9650
We appreciate you taking the time to be a part of Holiday Bingo. The feedback that you provide to us, helps us to learn about you, your business, and how we can better serve you and assist you with CLIENT RETENTION and RISK MANAGEMENT.