The National Severe Storms Laboratory reports that thunderstorm winds account for half of all severe damage reports in the lower 48, each year. When these gusty winds are around, homeowners lose shingles, lawn furniture goes flying (which can cause all kinds of damage), and even trees can be blown over. Wind destroys roofs and allows water to enter buildings. It is possible for your claim to be denied if you fail to take proper action.
Many home and business owners aren’t aware that as consumers and insurance policyholders, we are required to take steps to prevent further damage.
This is why you don’t need to get estimates for emergency services. Pick a company, like ResQ24 by Thompson Building Associates, that you trust and get moving quickly.
Typical Services Provided by ResQ24 Following Wind Damage Events
• Removing fallen trees
• Removing standing water
• Securing your home from further damage (board-ups, temporary doors, etc.)
• Securing your home from vandalism and theft
• Winterizing your plumbing in freezing temperatures so your pipes don’t rupture
• Providing temporary power source
• Managing the insurance claim process on your behalf and reduce the stress levels
• Consultation services that provide solid data for making the best decisions
• Procure insurance funds to bring your property back to a pre-loss condition
Types of Wind
Wind damage has become so common that the government has now labeled different types of winds:
• Microburst Wind – This is a short burst of damaging winds that are on the surface of the earth. They usually last a very short time.
• Haboob – This is a wind of dust that is pushed along the ground by a thunderstorm downdraft.
• Derecho Wind– This is a widespread, long-lasting storm that is associated with many fast-moving rain showers
There isn’t a place in our country where wind can’t cause major damage. The Midwest is known for tornadoes and the Northeast and upper Midwest endure blizzards. Derecho winds exist all across the nation.
Quick Tips on How to Prepare for an Emergency
• Document your belongings (prior to the loss via camera and/or videos; document on paper high-value items and consider insurance endorsements on these items or a safe)
• Place important documents in a small safe (fire/waterproof) where it can be easily accessed in emergency events
• Have emergency numbers, supplies, batteries, etc. located in a central location
• Identify a common area of the home where your family can be most protected from violent wind events
For more information on weather education and safety, visit the National Weather Service Website.
ResQ 24 by Thompson Building Associates can make sure wind damage handled properly so that you’re out of pocket damage liability is kept to a minimum. We’ve helped numerous home and business owners and their and their insurance!
Contact us for a free consultation 614-863-9650
We appreciate you taking the time to be a part of Holiday Bingo. The feedback that you provide to us, helps us to learn about you, your business, and how we can better serve you and assist you with CLIENT RETENTION and RISK MANAGEMENT.